Minimally Invasive Surgery Symposium (MISS) Overview
General Surgeons, Colorectal Surgeons and Bariatric Specialists:
The 18th Annual Minimally Invasive Surgery Symposium (MISS) will offer compelling lectures, surgical video presentations, and lively discussion and debate by world-renowned experts on advanced laparoscopic techniques for managing metabolic disorders, hernia, foregut and diseases of the colon.
MISS also offers a special section on Enhanced Recovery after Surgery.
Why Attend the Minimally Invasive Surgery Symposium (MISS)?
- To learn about the latest advances in minimally invasive surgery from the world's leading experts
- To interact with high level surgeons in an informal atmosphere conducive to peer-to-peer learning
- To earn up to 30.75 CME credits (including optional MOC Self-Assessment Credit) in minimally invasive surgery for colon, hernia, foregut, and metabolic diseases and enhanced recovery after surgery.
- To hone your technical skills at our optional hands-on TAP Block workshop.
- To socialize with fellow high level surgeons and meet members of our world-renowned faculty at the MISS Welcome Reception (included with your registration)
- To take advantage of discount rates of just $249 a night to enjoy a stay at our extraordinary host hotel, the Encore at Wynn in exciting Las Vegas.
Click here for an interview with MISS Executive Director Philip Schauer, MD, talking about the history as well as the "secret sauce" of MISS.
2017 MISS Endorsements
This symposium meets the guidelines as established in the "Framework for Post-Residency Surgical Education and Training" and is endorsed by the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).