Offers 3 CE/CME Credits and 1 Pharmacology contact hour
Acid-base, hyperkalemia and hyponatremia disorders can be complex and difficult to diagnose and understand.
Using patient examples, Denise K Link, MPAS, PA-C, FNKF, of the National Kidney Foundation and American Academy of Nephrology PAs has stories that will enable you to approach any ABG, hyperkalemia with confidence.
This interactive case presentation will provide a step wise approach using patient examples to help diagnose the underlying acid/base disorder(s) leading to comprehension between compensated and non-compensated disorders, hyperkalemia and/or hyponatremia etiology.
After completion of this offering the participants should be able to:
- Interpret ABG with confidence after review of stepwise approach for diagnosis acid/base disorders
- Discuss differences between compensated and non-compensated acid-base disorders
- Appreciate iatrogenic medications that lead to electrolyte disorders
- Identify common etiologies of hyperkalemia and subsequent treatment options
- Recognize algorithm necessary when approaching any hyponatremia
1:30 PM – 4:45 PM
Part 1: An Interactive, Back-to-the-Basic Approach to Understanding Renal Physiology: You Got This!
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Part 2: Interactive Case Presentation: How to Approach Acid/Base Disorders, Hyperkalemia and Hyponatremia.
Denise Link, MPAS, PA-C, FNKF
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
3:30 PM – 3:45 PM
Part 2: Interactive Case Presentation continued
3:45 PM – 4:45 PM