This website ("Site") is owned and operated by Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., located at 7 Century Drive, Suite 302, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA or its affiliates, International Medical News Group, LLC and Global Academy of Medical Education, LLC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In association with delivering our services, we collect both "personally identifiable information" and "usage information."
The types of personally identifiable information collected on the Site will differ depending on whether you register with our Site or otherwise provide information to us. Some of the information and services we provide are available without registration. To access some services, registration is required.
"Personally identifiable information" is information you provide that tells us who you are, such as your name, physical address, and e-mail address. We may also append information provided to us by third parties to personally identifiable information that you provide to us. "Usage information" is information automatically collected by our web server (which may be hosted by a third-party) that your web browser makes available whenever you visit or use our Site, such as the Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet or your computer's browser type.
Usage information is collected when you use our Site.
Examples of information we collect automatically from all users include your IP address; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on the Site.
- Use and Disclosure
We collect and use, and may from time to time supply third parties with, usage information, for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control, administering and improving the Site, and to provide news, informational and educational content and marketing and/or sales offers.
Usage information may be tied to a user's personally identifiable information (such as the user's name, address and/or specialty) that is collected from a user of the Site and/or from other sources.
Advertisements may be displayed for you on the Site based on the pages and content that you view and on information connected to your personally-identifiable information, such as your profession and specialty.
The Site also collects information through the use of "cookies." Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being stored on your computer is specific to your computer. We use "session" cookies to collect information about your use of the Site (e.g., whether you are logged in) and so that you may view articles, abstracts or other records and browse from page to page. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. We use "persistent" cookies to give you a more personalized browsing experience and help you navigate the Site more efficiently.
If you choose to disable cookies on your computer, you may be able to use certain pages on the Site but will not be able to access or use other portions of or features on the Site, and will not be able to make use of the advanced personalization features of the Site.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We sometimes request or allow users of the Site to provide personally identifiable information. The information collected from a user is strictly voluntary and may include information such as the user's name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and profession.
If you do not wish to provide personally identifiable information to us, you will not be able to use certain features of the Site, including, for example, access to the full text of articles.
We use the personally identifiable information that you provide for purposes such as:
- Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services and responding to your requests or inquiries
- Website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents
- Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our services
- Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits
- To create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and reporting
- Communicating with you about changes or updates to the Site and our services
- Communicating with you about special offers, promotions or market research surveys
- To provide marketing and/or sales offers
- To provide news, informational and educational content
- Disclosure to Third Parties
Our employees, agents, representatives and service providers (such as our data processing, printing and fulfillment operations) and entities for whom we are acting as an agent, licensee or publisher (such as societies and our affiliated group companies) may have access to your personally identifiable information.
We also may share your personally identifiable information with our affiliated group and/or with non-affiliated third parties. For example, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that wish to send you information (directly or indirectly) about their products and services.
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law; and
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of our Site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- if we, this Site or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
ACCESS AND CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
Users may be able to access certain information that they have provided and correct any discrepancies or update information by selecting the "Update Personal Info" option. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
You may opt not to receive certain electronic communications from us by using the unsubscribe option or other means provided within the communication(s) that you receive. Please note that the unsubscribe feature generally applies on a journal-specific or type-specific basis, and does not provide a means to opt out of receiving all communications from us. We reserve the right to continue communicating with you regarding other topics and for other purposes, such as to notify you of changes or updates to the Site.
RETENTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We retain the personally identifiable information we collect from you for as long as the information is relevant to our business.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
The Site is a general audience website. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from users of this Site who are under the age of thirteen.
CHAT ROOMS, BLOGS, NEWSGROUPS, NOTICE BOARDS, ONLINE FORUMS, DIRECTORIES, ETC.
Information transmitted on the Internet and/or stored on systems attached to the Internet is not 100% secure. As a result, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that your personally identifiable information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, use, misuse, or alterations, and do not accept any liability for the security of such information submitted to us nor for your or third parties' use or misuse of such information.
QUESTIONS & COMMENTS